Friday 4 March 2016

the 20 minute walk

Life is a game; we don't know what will happen next. We don't have either pause or restart button. Sometimes we feel it will be better to have those options. It help to keeps us away from all burdens, sorrows and be idle. On the other side, it will reduce the thrill we will obtain. But once we resume we have to face those again, can't escape. What we can do is, take some time and figure out what’s happening around us and understand ourselves..

When I started to figure out, I saw a dinosaur like lorry coming in front of me in right side and jam packed town bus coming behind me in other side. I calculated both vehicles gonna pass side by side at a time and I have to move sidelines. When I checked my beside, it’s full of dirt. No other way, I have to put my legs into it and move aside to be in safe zone. None will voluntarily put their leg into dirt. But in this scenario, I have to because I value my life more than my self pride.

By chewing the pile of memories and dozens of advice, started walking to my place. It’s one more hectic day in the middle, as the blind vehicles moving in either side. Being a pedestrian, I know what it would be like while walking in the peak hours. In the last two months, I had witnessed nearly 4-5 accidents in the same road, between the time 6 - 7 pm. Most of the accidents happen because of carelessness than speed, as we failed to read what our peers having in their mind. Has anything more important in this world than our life, our beloved one’s happiness?

Both vehicles passed each other and I took  back my leg out of the dirt and balanced myself.  Moved further and went to the petty shop run by Indians from north side, bought 10 Rs coke in cup and resume walking back to room by drinking it sip by sip.

Some part of me feels that the best mind game in life is driving. We won't have any clue about who comes in opposite side neither the person coming behind you nor the person going in front of you. We have to read their minds, including the people walking along the road, sometime even dog’s. Similarly in life, we have to understand what other wants. We simply can't move forward putting other's view behind. As dogs in streets, sometimes it's hard to know what they are thinking, what they want, why they are behaving like this. Sometimes they will make us to feel, we are wrong. To move ahead, we have no other choice. Be patient with those dogs.

Driving is in same frequency with the life. While overtaking a vehicle, we have to read the mind of drivers who’s riding in front of you and also the driver who’s coming from other side. If we don’t want them to overtake us, they have to come behind. When they try to beat us, mostly it would end with an accident. During those rides, we don’t know who’s coming behind us. Mostly we will make a way for them and ensure their safety by signalling them to go ahead. If we can be this good to the third person, why can’t we be like this to the known face. Some may argue if we didn’t give them a way, it’ll affect us or cause significant problems. Whatever may be the reason, we are doing this for ourself.

If a person going in front of us is taking right turn, we have to wait till he completes it. If we are moving ahead without stopping for a second, damages may occur to vehicles results in waste of money, quarrels may happen with other person, chances for injury, to the maximum it may lead us to criminal cases. People with brain won't prefer these, they wait for the other person to take his turn. People with this temperament there, won't be patience enough if someone comes in their way. They will express their mind out. This won't lose us money, get any injuries. We won't give a mind to hurt others. It's not fair.

Think about the scenario, we have to go certain place however we don't have vehicle to go. By asking lift we will manage to reach the destination. If the owner of the vehicle got important work in between, he/she has no other way, drop us in the middle of the road and he/she will carry on with his/her work. We can't argue with that man,"You gave your word, so you have to drop me at my place." That's his vehicle, he has every right to pick and drop anyone anywhere at anytime. If that person is who consider their commitment as first than their work, what more to say, we will reach your destination happily. It's a rare case.

Equally in life, we won't find people accompany us all the time. When they get some thing important than us, they will go. It's their life and I feel we don't have any rights to question about their decision in their life. If you are a person who's committed to your word and expect others to be like that, you are the wrong one, dude. Change your mindset, right now!

In the meantime, reached near my room. Before entering the room, shot the crushed coke cup in the dustbin kept outside and my disturbed thoughts.

This twenty minute walk made me to understand what I haven’t for past twenty years. It’s always easy to preach and follow those initially but taking those all through your life needs a sage life. It’ll definitely change whom we are in a better path. While trailing this way, you may feel this as being absurd.

In short, have all the fun and be crazy with keeping one thing in mind, you alone can't be the reason for your happiness. Give a try, it’s valuable.

Keep Smiling :) God bless :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment